Looking for a fun project with the kids for Valentine's Day? As kids, we were always crazy about conversation hearts and now that we have our own, we're not so crazy about giving them the ones in stores filled with artificial ingredients and who knows what.
We're excited to share that you can now easily make conversation hearts at home using Simply Gelightful gelatin mix. Our gelatin mixes are made with all-natural ingredients and colored from natural sources like paprika (orange) and fruit juice (blueberry), and made with less sugar. Love, love, love!
1 packet of Simply Gelightful gelatin mix
1/4 cup soda (like sparkling lemonade, ginger ale or anything complimentary that will add a little kick to the flavor)
3 cups of powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar) plus more for dusting
1. Pour 1/4 cup soda into a small saucepan.
2. Heat up the soda on medium heat until it is almost boiling and keep stirring.
3. Empty the packet of Simply Gelightful into the saucepan of soda and stir until dissolved ~ 2 minutes.
4. Pour the mixture into a bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Scrape any leftover gel and place into the mixer bowl.
5. Add 1 cup of powdered sugar and beat until the sugar is combined.
6. Add an additional 2 cups of powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until the mixture turns into a dough. If the mixture is still too sticky, try adding a little more powdered sugar.
7. Transfer the dough onto a countertop that has been lightly dusted with powdered sugar.
8. Roll out the dough using a rolling pin until the dough is between 1/8"-1/4" thick.
9. Use heart-shaped cookie cutters (or whatever you fancy) to cut out shapes.
10. Transfer onto a plate or baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let dry ~ 2 hours.
11. Once the hearts are dry, you can use edible markers to write your favorite messages.
Repeat with other Simply Gelightful flavor and enjoy! :)
Comments will be approved before showing up.